Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Correcting the package on R-forge

Writing a blog did help, it forced me to look at R-forge and discover that logopt was not building correctly. After installing back all necessary tools, I have (almost) recreated the original environment and was able to solve the problem, committing the first change in a long time.  Hopefully R-forge will have a valid build tomorrow.

One of the reasons I stopped working on logopt was a disk crash, in which I lost some files used in building the package.  Obviously the source files committed on the server were safe (an other reason to open source your code), but I lost some local files used to build the vignette and currently I cannot build the vignette anymore, even if I recovered the source code.  This will be one pending task after finishing the planned sequence of write-ups on Universal Portfolios.

No comments:

Post a Comment